Almost every modern house owns a microwave oven today. Many people find it convenient, quick and safe to use. But, is it safe to use a microwave oven? Many health experts believe that microwaves are not good for health, and thus should never be used. Here’s why:
Microwaves harm food particles
Microwave Oven produces microwaves that can severely harm the cell wall of foods. As a result,
the gut receptors fail to identify microwaved food particles as food. Do you know that microwave technology is used in the field of gene altering technology to reduce the strength of cell membranes? Therefore, you should avoid using a microwave oven.
Microwaves affect the nutritional value of food
Many health studies indicate that foods cooked in a Microwave Oven lose lots of important nutrients. According to a study, broccoli cooked in it loses more than 90% of its antioxidant chemicals. On the other hand, steamed broccoli loses only 10% of its total antioxidants. Similarly, meat cooked in the also loses much of its nutritional value.
Microwaves produce harmful radiation
An oven produces lots of electromagnetic radiation, which can be harmful. In fact, you should avoid going into the kitchen or near it to avoid these electromagnetic fields. Many doctors believe that there is a sharp increase of childhood cancers due to the exposure caused by electromagnetic waves. No wonder, many hospitals have stopped using these ovens for heating baby foods or formula milk.
Microwave heating is harmful
When you heat food in an oven, the chemical components polymers, paper, and paperboard products enter into the food, which can make it unhealthy and unsafe to use.
If you cannot avoid using a microwave oven, you should operate it on a low power setting to cause less damage to the food particles. It is highly recommended to avoid heating breast milk even at low settings as it can damage the disease fighting capacity of breast milk. So, avoid using this oven as much as possible even for preparing adults food.
Helen R. Miller is a diet control fanatic, who has lost over 70 pounds of body fat. She shares her amazing story of how she did it through her weight and diet control blog.
Related Dutch Oven Cooking Articles