It is quite unfortunate that people all over the countries are suffering from blood sugar just because of having no exact knowledge of how to control diabetes. Despite the voluntary service extended by the American Diabetes Foundation, it is a matter for much concern that the number of diabetic patients is still increasing in America. Public health care programs are organized to give information for diabetics about diabetic diet foods and what causes diabetes. In spite of all these efforts, many people with diabetic condition do not know how to beat diabetes complications.
There are many ways and means to control blood glucose levels. There are some natural cures for diabetes, following which you can be proud of your diabetes self management in controlling blood sugar. On noticing the signs and symptoms of diabetes, your consultation with the doctor, clinical diagnosis by laboratory methods, and prescription of drugs and medicines are all preliminary steps to start your medication for diabetes mellitus.
Away from all these steps you take, the change of lifestyle and choosing the right foods are much more important for controlling blood sugar. It is highly needed that the diabetics should maintain a balanced diet suiting his body type. Your prime concern should be in choosing the best foods to eat and the bad foods to avoid as a diabetic. You can certainly control blood sugar range within normal limits. Here are some tips on diabetic diet foods for beating diabetes.
1. You should choose foods that contain little saturated fats and cholesterol. These foods include fresh vegetables, leafy greens, onion and garlic in raw form. They should be preferably boiled rather than fried.
2. Cooking whole grains with insoluble fiber, and low carb diet are the best choice to control high blood sugar. If you are using oil in your cooking, let it be with less fat like olive and peanut oil.
3. Skimmed milk with less fat, skinless poultry, fish of any variety and egg without yoke may be helping to lower blood sugar.
4. The diabetic diet foods should be non-greasy and easily-digested. They should be rich in fiber and poor in fat contents.
5. Since fruits are the best source of fiber, those fruits high in vitamins and nutrients, but low in fats can give positive results to control and beat diabetes. The best fruits and salads that you can eat may be red grapes, jambul(rose apple) and guava, preferably unpeeled and with nuts. Fruits and vegetables you consume may be less in size and more in servings every day. Mind it to take whole fruits and they should contain low sweet. Citrus fruits like orange and lime are also good for fighting diabetes.
Controlling blood sugar is really an art. If you want to be an expert and safe, you should know the description of diabetic foods to avoid AND fruits to eat.