As our children begin to age, they are more inclined to wanting to do new things to show off their independence. One of the most common things teens and pre-teens want to do in the house is oven cooking. Here are some great tips you should follow to help your youngster use the oven safely.
1. Explain the importance of preheating the oven for meals. Children of all ages tend to have a low tolerance for patience so you should reiterate the importance of all safety tips with oven cooking.
2. Make sure your young cook knows where the fire extinguishers in your home are.
3. Show him or her where the pot holders, meat thermometer and so forth are.
4. Explain what the appropriate and safe temperatures the foods need to be cooked at internally.
5. Dont allow your child to cook without adult supervision.
6. Teach your child the differences between the various pans you have and explain which ones are used in the oven and which ones can not be used in the oven.
7. It is vital that your child understands the importance of proper food handling and hand washing prior to having free range of the oven.
There are several easy recipes for young cooks to utilize all over the internet. Depending on how responsible your child is they can even move up to some slightly more complicated recipes for cooking. Again, food preparation and cleansing is essential to instill in your child. No matter how simple or complex the recipe is, you child should know about the various bacteria that can be transmitted from person to food, food to food, food to surface and so on.
As you give your child the independence of the kitchen, you dont have to necessarily be letting go of your baby. Instead, you can make oven cooking a time you and your child bond over. Oven cooking with your child is a great way to open up conversation about the daily activities and really get to know your child on a more “adult” level. You will soon find that you are seeing your child on a more independent scale without having to actually let them go.
Taking the time to teach your child about safe healthy oven cooking is the best way for you to open the doors of communication on an entirely new level. Your child will see that you know he or she is growing up, you are giving them more freedoms within the home and yet you are holding them to a level of expectation that they can meet while having fun.
Discover how FlavorWave Oven can make cooking easier and more enjoyable for you. It has a bundle of benefits and you will be able to make more dishes than ever before in lesser time. Read the FlavorWave Oven Turbo Review now.