Chicken Manchurian is very famous dish from Chinese cuisine, it is prepared in variety of ways with different meats either chicken, prawns or beef. I usually make chicken Manchurian with pineapple because it enhances its taste many times and gives extra sweet flavor to the sauce. Vinegar is not used in this recipe since I used chili garlic sauce which has sweet and sour taste but you may add vinegar if you want more strong sour taste. This chicken Manchurian recipe is prepared in just under 30 minutes and best for 4 people serving.
For Fried Chicken:
500 gm boneless chicken (cut in small cubes)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tbspn corn flour
Pinch of salt
Oil for deep frying
For Manchurian Sauce:
1/2 cup chopped pineapple
2-3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
1 tspn crushed red pepper
1 tspn red pepper powder
Salt to taste
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup oil
Cornstarch as required
1. Marinate chicken in flour, corn flour, salt and egg. If you feel that the batter is thick, then add cold water accordingly make sure that the batter would be of normal consistency and just enough to coat the whole chicken pieces.
2. Heat oil in a a deep sauce pan and put the marinated chicken pieces one by one in the oil for deep frying on medium flame. Take out the fried chicken pieces when they turn into light golden in color.
3. To make sauce for Manchurian, heat oil in a sauce pan and fry garlic for just a minute.
4. After that add pineapple, tomato paste, tomato ketchup and chili garlic sauce. Mix all of them together and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
5. Now add fried chicken pieces, red chili powder, crushed red chili, salt and water. Stir the sauce and chicken and let it cook for few minutes by covering the pan until the sauce starts to boil.
6. In the end, add cornstarch according to your need that how much thick sauce you want. Cook the Manchurian for 2-3 minutes more and then switch off the flame.
7. Take out the delicious chicken Manchurian in a sizzling dish and serve it with vegetable fried rice.
For more recipes Visit: Easy recipes Blog The author of this article runs a cooking blog where he and many other food lovers post various easy to cook food recipes including vegetable recipes, beef, snacks, chicken, BBQ & grill, desserts, cakes, drinks, salads, and many other meal ideas. The aim of his blog is to deliver the best easy to make cooking recipes to all foodies.